FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Ground water and Oil - a new concept.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Tomorrow's World
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Janama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Ground water and Oil - a new concept. Reply with quote

Quote:
'I'm not a sceptic, I'm an angry professor!' Lance Endersbee claims the world water crisis has been underplayed and global warming overplayed, as a result of the pressures in science to conform.

Endersbee's main focus is on the state of the world's groundwater, the rapid consumption of which has put the world on the edge of a little understood catastrophe, he says, because contrary to popular belief groundwater reserves are not replenished from the surface.

Guests
Lance Endersbee
Emeritus Professor; former Dean of Engineering and Pro-Vice Chancellor of Monash University.

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/current/audioonly/lnl_20061211.mp3

it starts at 14min in.

interesting interview - shame it couldn't have been longer.
obeylittle

Location: Middle o' Mitten, Michigan Corp. division of United States of America Corp. division of Global Corp.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'I'm not a sceptic, I'm an angry professor!' Lance Endersbee claims the world water crisis has been underplayed and global warming overplayed, as a result of the pressures in science to conform.

Endersbee's main focus is on the state of the world's groundwater, the rapid consumption of which has put the world on the edge of a little understood catastrophe, he says, because contrary to popular belief groundwater reserves are not replenished from the surface.

I'm not buying that hypothesis for several reasons. The main reason I won't buy it is because I dam sure know better. I know better than that because I bothered to wonder what was beneath my feet sometime following my birth. I'll provide nature's proof with perhaps the greatest containment of fresh water in the world.

It is mapped out geologically that the Great Lakes state of Michigan where I live contains huge underground aquifers that are connected to the Great Lakes through veins of soft sand and gravel soil formations. This geologic area consists of the southern boundary of an igneous rock formation making up the Canadian Shield; some two million square miles in area and centered about Hudson Bay in Canada.

The rock is beautiful here and contains many minerals and metals. It is solid yet it contains water in abundance in soft formations extending to the surface and in tens of thousands of natural lakes carved by glacier.

The immediate surrounding states in the USA and provinces of Canada of the Great Lakes area, also contain underground aquifers fed entirely by the Great Lakes. Ground water availability is comparatively scarce outside the southern boundary of the Canadian Shield, extending deep into the plains of the Midwest, then available in more abundance in certain areas in the deep South. The water resources here are distributed into parts of the outer Canadian Shield southern boundary where the soil is soft to great depths and does not hold water reachable by boring wells. Water is a powerful political resource here.

My family members living in Michigan get all our fresh water from shallow wells extending through a clay formation near the surface, into soft sand and gravel below. These wells are bored under 100 feet in depth from the surface with the majority being under 50 feet deep. Its so easy to reach water here that we have bored several wells ourselves; using homemade spudding equipment powered from the rear wheel of an old pickup truck.

Finding fresh clean water here takes only hours to reach by boring. The water is on top of the solid rock formation, not below it. Drilling deeper for water here will only put you in brine-water containing formations, then into the solid rock below. The Dow Chemical Co. world headquarters are very near my home to the east several miles, thankfully downwind... they use the brine water in the area for chemicals production while we prefer the more adundant and fresher variety.

The Oil and Natural Gas wells in Michigan are bored through the rock into porous rock formations extending up from below. Water from above, Oil and Gas from below. Get it? Show me an Oil field and I'll show you a rocky geologic formation. The author above is shoveling dinosaur shit over easily observed and understood products of nature. The asshole doesn't know his up from his down.

Take out a topological map of the North American Continent and draw a circle around the areas containing heavy concentrations of natural lakes. Ignore the man-made reservoirs found along rivers and streams. Now research the geologic formations these many fresh water lakes are concentrated over. Have you found the boundaries of the Canadian Shield Yet? Of course you will, because outside the Canadian Shield geologic formation in the USA, you will find only a few, shallow, natural, fresh water lakes.

Looking north to the center of the Canadian Shield, then radially from the Hudson Bay center of this huge geologic formation in every direction encompassing two million square miles, one will see water, water, fresh water, everywhere. Water in tens of thousands of small lakes. Water in thousands of medium to large area lakes. There are over ten thousand lakes in Minnesota, USA and over eleven thousand lakes here in Michigan alone!

Water is flowing away from the Canadian Shield containment into the seas to the east and to the south, in huge volumes through large rivers, through solid rock then over soft soil. The St. Lawrence and the Mississippi Rivers are the largest of these rivers originating in the Canadian Shield geologic formation.

So much water is contained in the Canadian Shield its a wonderland of abundance, of wildlife and so of sport. And this abundance of fresh water; probably the largest concentration of fresh water reserves and the cleanest, purest, freshest water on the planet, is held on and near the surface by the rock; by the vast Canadian Shield geologic formation -- like your breakfast cereal is held by a bowl.

The author above is either an idiot or a fear mongering asshole fake, because nature does not support the lies which he speaks. Not on this planet. For him to state that he is not skeptical but mad... I agree, yes! He may gone mad! And he is equally blinded to nature as he is stupid!
Janama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The author above is either an idiot or a fear mongering asshole fake

well he's actually 82 years old and Emeritus Professor; former Dean of Engineering and Pro-Vice Chancellor of Monash University, one of our most prestigious universities.

But I'm sure you know better than that because you bothered to wonder what was beneath your feet sometime following your birth. Shocked
obeylittle

Location: Middle o' Mitten, Michigan Corp. division of United States of America Corp. division of Global Corp.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a personal thing... not difficult to observe neither. At 82 he ought to know better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Tomorrow's World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: