FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Stefan Molyneux (stefbot) and Brett Veinotte (School sucks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> The Thinking Zone
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dongalos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Stefan Molyneux (stefbot) and Brett Veinotte (School sucks) Reply with quote

Some interesting ideas about our reality from these two

Stefan Molyneux (Stefbot) http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY

Brett Veinotte (School sucks podcast) http://schoolsucks.podomatic.com/

http://schoolsucks.podomatic.com/enclosure/2009-09-26T07_52_12-07_00.mp3
Raphael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Stefan Molyneux (stefbot) and Brett Veinotte (School suc Reply with quote

Dongalos wrote:
Some interesting ideas about our reality from these two

Stefan Molyneux (Stefbot) http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY

not baad at all...
my kids need to watch those 16 minutes.
that was very mooving I must say.
I need to go get some shleep now. Wink

that video acknowledges the obvious...
why semitic languages begin their alphabets with a letter that means ox, or cow, mobile wealth.
why the proto-semitic runes ends with a letter that means immobile wealth.

and probably also why the Vatican issues 'papal bull' from time to time.

namaste

Raphael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had another thought after watching that video.

CAIN the FARMER killed his brother ABEL the wandering hunter/gatherer who was MORE free...no borders or fences to jump over, only nature marked the boundaries.

CAIN the Farmer set up farms...
I do ponder this finding.
Neanderthal Man had a bigger brain than we do!!!
And they were stronger!!!
I do ponder if CAIN (cro-magnon) killed his brother ABEL the Neanderthal?

But why and how was this accomplished...if they were smarter and stronger pound for pound?
just a thought

namaste

Benn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do ponder if CAIN (cro-magnon) killed his brother ABEL the Neanderthal?

But why and how was this accomplished...if they were smarter and stronger pound for pound?

It has been estimated from aggregated skull measurement data that the relative size of the Neanderthal neocortex was smaller then Cro-Magnon's.

Nevertheless, to answer your question (since I think you're on to something here), there are two main theories. Archaeologists tend to regard the development of Tools (weapons) as the pivotal moment (about 50,000 years ago), while Anatomists tend to regard the development of the asymmetrical brain indicating the use of Language (roughly 250,000 years ago) as the deciding factor. It has been strongly suggested by the work of Philip Lieberman that the Neanderthal larynx was not adequate to the task of the complex vocalization skills which must be mastered in order for language to become truly useful (i.e. more than just grunting and pointing).

But anthropologist and evolutionary psychologist Robin Dunbar has a third theory which is very interesting: in a nutshell, his idea is that Language developed from Social Grooming, which is an important pre-verbal means of social bonding in the higher primate species. Dunbar believes that the progressive use of Language was driven by the growing complexity of social networks as Cro-Magnon camps grew in size, ultimately reaching a point where physical grooming was no longer sufficient to maintain social bonds. At this point Language began to become more prominent, and Cro-Magnon had the brain and the larynx to develop it to a high art.

After that point, Dunbar's theory is similar to the second group, in that the advanced linguistic skills of the Cro-Magnon groups made them capable of planning, organizing and coordinating efforts on a large scale, eventually enabling them to corral and overwhelm the Neanderthals in any conflict that might arise. Think American Settlers vs Native Americans.

Let us not forget: Another thing that language permits is prevarication. That is, Lying. Never underestimate the power of lying - especially when looking at history.

Raphael

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn wrote:
Archaeologists tend to regard the development of Tools (weapons) as the pivotal moment (about 50,000 years ago), while Anatomists tend to regard the development of the asymmetrical brain indicating the use of Language (roughly 250,000 years ago) as the deciding factor.

how about we simplify the discussion

what was deemed more important to our advancement?

the hand-axe or the wheel? (of fortunes)

and then of course I end this black hole discussion toot-sweet by pointing out the asymmetrical swastika is used to represent both the solar wheel and is also associated with hammers and axes used by gods to cleave the creation?

keep it simple Benn or should I call you June Cleaver?

>> asymmetrical brain heart
>> asymmetrical space time motion
>> asymmetrical swastika represents motion and time and the beaver CLEAVER
>> ASYMMETRICAL golden spiral is determined by the golden ratio which is based on the golden cut....so tell me what would Benn use to make the final cut pro? Laughing Laughing

Would it be a hand-ax, swastika, or the rotating burning sword that guards the entrance to eden?

Duh obvious to me...the sheeple need to be rendered in the cosmic abattoir?

MOOve along sheeple....

>> symmetrical maltese cross represents balance and stillness

namaste

Benn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I thought I was keeping it pretty simple. I'll try to ignore your hostility since I don't know where it comes from, and it serves no purpose.

But I highlighted the bit about the asymmetrical brain because I figured you'd appreciate that. I tend to side with the linguistic theories, myself. I think Dunbar has made some very valid points about the primacy of social bonding in the history of linguistic development.

Putting that together with your earlier question, I think it's very possible that the Cain & Abel story is a retelling of a prehistoric genocide.

Raphael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn wrote:
Actually I thought I was keeping it pretty simple. I'll try to ignore your hostility since I don't know where it comes from, and it serves no purpose.

But I highlighted the bit about the asymmetrical brain because I figured you'd appreciate that. I tend to side with the linguistic theories, myself. I think Dunbar has made some very valid points about the primacy of social bonding in the history of linguistic development.

Putting that together with your earlier question, I think it's very possible that the Cain & Abel story is a retelling of a prehistoric genocide.

you see anger and hostility
DUH EVER HEARD OF PROJECTION
how we deLUDE ourselves?
have you been into the LUDES again dearie?

I was trying to be funny
but you apparently only read and see what you want too?
how does that work exactly?

Evidently I AM not funny either. Crying or Very sad

So have a nice life little benn, it seems you traded an eye for a benn, i.e. a tit for tat, and now all of your world is blind? Laughing

and your eyes were affected because I got under your skin?

okay I get it we agree to disagree about how I be and what ewe see?
Wink

ciao baby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> The Thinking Zone All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: