FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Aircraft of some sort hits building on NYC's upper east side
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
and i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Aircraft of some sort hits building on NYC's upper east side Reply with quote

Aircraft crashes into Manhattan high-rise

Was it a plane? A helicopter? A rocket launcher? Who knows???

Quote:
"The fire was raging out of two windows," witness Sarah Steiner told CNN. "It looks like the plane just flew into someone's living room."

because, of course, small airplanes can fit through living room windows...

not that it's a great photo, but does this picture look like anything hit the building? the supports between the windows are intact!! no signs of damage to the outside structure of the building are visible.

so then not two paragraphs later, the same (and only) witness says:
Quote:
"It looks as if the aircraft didn't go into the building but fell down," she said. "It may be part of the debris burning on the ground."

WTF?!?!

But here's the best part...

Quote:
NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) said it had put fighter aircraft into the air over numerous U.S. cities, though they said they had no reason to believe the event in New York was anything more than an accident, sources told CNN's Barbara Starr. It did the same thing after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

revisionist history at its finest...

i've no idea what this could possibly be about but it seems fishy already...
stallion4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Fintan can merge these.

Aircraft hits Highrise in New York 10-11-6 (flipped 9-11-01)

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1012

Continuity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Steiner said fires were burning on the ground. "It looks like the plane just flew into someone's living room there." (Watch the orange flames ravage the apartment -- 1:50)

Is this just my imagination, or is the highlighted link a tad, uhhm, *insensitive*?

Cat Haiku
Nat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a good day for flooding the news with an 'almost 911', what with the small matter of half a million bodycount
devabarry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Le piece de deja vu resistance Reply with quote

good fucking grief, these people do have a morbid sense of humor:

"• NEW: Lidle's passport found on street below crash site"

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/plane.crash/index.html

Some type of illuminati signature, I suppose?

stallion4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just par for the course I suppose.

10/11/6 = 9/11/01 flipped over. AMAZING coincidence.

and i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean no disrespect to corey lidle's nor his flight instructor's families or memories... but... isn't the timing just perfect? the playoffs already have many of us transfixed to the TV watching the collossally unimportant (but fun) sports entertainment. this gives that whole thing (sports entertainment) that much more of an air of seriousness... any baseball fans remember MLB post 9-11-01? sports entertainment is one of the most effective forms of mass distraction used by the establishment...
and i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Le piece de deja vu resistance Reply with quote

devabarry wrote:
good fucking grief, these people do have a morbid sense of humor:

"• NEW: Lidle's passport found on street below crash site"

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/plane.crash/index.html

Some type of illuminati signature, I suppose?

holy crap i thought YOU were kidding... wow that's some MAJOR bullshit... WHO BRINGS THEIR PASSPORT WHILE FLYING THEIR OWN PLANE AND NOT LEAVING THE COUNTRY??
FaxMam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by FaxMam on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
MichaelC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't the building collapse?!
Continuity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moments after passing above the 59th Street Bridge, Lidle's single-engine plane disappeared from the radar. And just 13 minutes after takeoff, it slammed into a 40-story condominium tower above Manhattan's tony Upper East Side — filling luxury apartments with flames and scattering burning metal below.
[....]
Lidle, 34, a veteran pitcher and rookie pilot, was killed along with his flight instructor, authorities said. The cause was unknown Wednesday but there was apparently enough time to send a distress call. One investigator told the New York Times that initial reports indicated the aircraft had radioed La Guardia Airport to say that it was running low on fuel.

Be interesting if this is later confirmed - but it seems odd for a plane to be 'running low on fuel' a mere '13 minutes after takeoff', no?
Quote:
Both bodies were found on the street below, and the plane's engine was found in one of the apartments, Bloomberg said.
Lidle's passport was found on the street, according to a federal official who spoke to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

It does seem funny that a 'federal official', 'on condition of anonymity', would offer the information that the passport was found in the street below, but with seemingly nothing else to report - this is common to the majority of reports about this story, too. It's almost like the Feds really want this seemingly important piece of information to be disseminated as widely as possible. I can only think of a couple of reasons for this - to make the passport find on 9/11 seem more believable (why?), or to reinforce echos of 9/11 to the general population. Bog is in the details, so they say....

With the way that this story's being reported, and it's timing, it really wouldn't surprise me that this has been staged deliberately as a reminder of the 'terror' for the people, but cleverly without using an actual 'terrorist' attack, just in time for the election run-up.

Seems like the instructor's (Tyler Stanger) website has been taken down pretty pronto (www.stangair.com) - it still exists in Google's cache, but is not responding to www queries or even PINGs. Weird.

Seems like it's not only us sho find the whole thing a bit weird:

Quote:
Canterbury pilot calls N.Y. plane crash unusual

CANTERBURY — One retired helicopter pilot said hearing about a small airplane crashing into a New York City high-rise building this afternoon seemed unusual considering the stringent rules for flying around the city.

Morris Rainville, 80, of Canterbury said he last flew a helicopter with a commercial license in 1977.

“That’s a very congested area,” said the former U.S. Army and commercial pilot. “You’ve got to be careful you know what you’re doing.”

From: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4253283.html &
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061011/NEWS01/61011027

Cat Haiku
obeylittle

Location: Middle o' Mitten, Michigan Corp. division of United States of America Corp. division of Global Corp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity wrote:

It does seem funny that a 'federal official', 'on condition of anonymity', would offer the information that the passport was found in the street below, but with seemingly nothing else to report - this is common to the majority of reports about this story, too. It's almost like the Feds really want this seemingly important piece of information to be disseminated as widely as possible. I can only think of a couple of reasons for this - to make the passport find on 9/11 seem more believable (why?), or to reinforce echos of 9/11 to the general population. Bog is in the details, so they say....

Yes it is odd... perhaps the feds would like us to stop questioning the "19 arabs did 9/11" story being propped up by the amazing Atta passport in the street claim. The people would probably swallow the passport thing regardless... most are quite ignorant.

Continuity wrote:
With the way that this story's being reported, and it's timing, it really wouldn't surprise me that this has been staged deliberately as a reminder of the 'terror' for the people, but cleverly without using an actual 'terrorist' attack, just in time for the election run-up.

I don't see how they can get much mileage out of this for the election angle. But we need more info, these are early reports and may not be properly spun as yet....

Continuity wrote:
Seems like the instructor's (Tyler Stanger) website has been taken down pretty pronto (www.stangair.com) - it still exists in Google's cache, but is not responding to www queries or even PINGs. Weird.

The stangair.com site is returning hits now but appears to be scrubbed clean. I get:
"Directory Listing Denied"
"This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: