FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
New Audio: Ken Humphries on the 'Jesus Jihad'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
dilbert_g

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INTERESTING: Membership of the CNP Council for National Policy
http://www.watch.pair.com/database.html
Aniam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for being "ambassadors for Christ." True ambassadors are representatives of another kingdom, not members of councils to influence the national policy of the kingdom they presently reside in.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Bible Scholars Reply with quote

Ozregeneration wrote:
Rumpl4skn wrote:

Well, honorificabilitudinitatibus!

What the... Question Confused

Ok Rump, I went searching.

This is as far as I got:

The longest word used by Shakespeare . It appears in Love's Labor's Lost , Act V , Scene I.

Cost. O! they have lived long on the alms-basket of words. I marvel thy master hath not eaten theee for a word; for thou art not so long by the head as honorificabilitudinitatibus: thou art easier swallowed than a flap-dragon.

The word has mystified ever since it was printed, though normally passed off as simply a product of Sir William's sense of humor and attachment to the absurd. There has been a movement that says Francis Bacon actually wrote all the plays, using William Shakespeare as a psuedonym, and a few decades ago a college professor at the University of Illinois decided out it was an anagram, and re-aligned it into a Latin phrase "hi ludi, F. Baconis nati, tuiti orbi" Latin for "these plays, F. Bacon's offspring, are preserved for the world".

Orson Welles, however, who didn't buy the Francis Bacon as the author of all Shakespeare, managed to come up with his own anagram: "Idiotic rubbish in Latin at U of I."

Laughing

Btw, this just in:

Space Junk Disrupting Global Prayers

Aniam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Orson Welles, however, who didn't buy the Francis Bacon as the author of all Shakespeare, managed to come up with his own anagram: "Idiotic rubbish in Latin at U of I."

It doesn't matter whether he was or not. Bacon's vision for America has come to pass anyway.
Dale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Found this thread at last! Thanks Ormond!)

Fintan:
Quote:
Is it time to take a stand against religion?

Is it showdown time for rationality and science against imperialist fanaticism?

YES! IT IS!

When one person suffers delusions it's called insanity.
When many people suffer delusions it's called religion.

National Secular Society
www.secularism.org.uk
Aniam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the christian fascists that have the suspersticious masses in their grip are just quaking in their boots.
Dale

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you would follow me here Aniam. And I am just quaking in my boots about the thought of the Christian Fascists! Whilst British people might be 'docile' - as I've written on another thread - they haven't (thankfully) been duped - in great numbers - by the Jesus Jihad. Perhaps we need to send some Seculars over to restore the Superstitious States of America to some Sanity?

P.S. If anyone wants to book me for Secular Sanity talks, I would particularly welcome the following locations (purely because I like nice beaches and wide open spaces Very Happy ): Cape Cod, Montana, ALL the BIG National Parks, Bodie and Mono Lake (in that order). Thanks!
Aniam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale,

I do follow you. But the fact that these people, who don't even have the truth on their side, have you in fear shows the control they have over you. If you want to believe that secularism is the key to sanity, then live that, and others of like character will be drawn to you. However, if you insist on imposing such a view through the hierarchical structures of the cultural institutions, then you are really no different than them because that's exactly what they're attempting to do. You just believe different things.

Those who use force are doomed to fail. The answer is not to contend with them, but to separate from them. If they take over the Federal Reserve, stop using their money and print your own. If they take over the schools, don't send you kids there. The game is no fun when no one else wants to play. And soon enough, everyone will see just how rigged the game is.

BTW, the reason the British people aren't falling for the Jesus Jihad is because they already got their share of it through Bloody Mary. America hasn't learned anything from history yet.
Dale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, look what I read about today:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,2024907,00.html

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: