FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Do Androids Dream of a New World Order?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
LT_lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry about this...

look, I only revived this thread to speak to Hawkwind and I choose not to private PM him because I like all my remarks to be public, with a possible benefit being that some input can be given by people that are knowledgeable.

I'm trying to put across ideas which I believe are very important here, so if you want to argue, please do so in Hawkwind's conveniently created grunt bucket. I'm tryin to do something constructive thoughtful and creative hear - do you think I kept this thread in my sights for 5 months to see it spoiled by argumenting well I didn't.

I am not wanting to continue this in private.

ANYWAY

come to think of it, shall I just start a fresh thread and leave the minions to squabble here?
LT_lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: smarter than i expect Reply with quote

Now I know why I didn't even bother scanning the numerous threads created here.

DO excuse the lengthly post prior; I got caught up in romantic details rather than direct facts, so let me try again, having remembered what my purpose was.

I think that all this panic, intelligence talk, interenet discussion, and new age wishing is slightly beside the point, for it seems to keep you away from yourself rather than connected.

if there is validity to this idea of 'visions from the future'; the idea that a 'self' other than that which we often perceive as immediate, is ever present and ready to guide us if we realise it, then perhaps we should look into exactly what it is that this self is offering.

At least that is what I long decided to do, and I tell you, I've opened books to pages I was thinking about, found information I was hardly conscious I was searching for, had people say that key thing to me at a moment most needed, and continue to have the most scattered bits of information fall into place for me, and often to my immediate advantage.

I think that this deserved some proper attention - the idea that we are in fact seperated from our true self, from our 'POYL' zone, from our purpose, indulging instead in what we can do very little about. I think we need to live more by grace, and remember to be a breathing example, a light unto ourselves.

look around , there is an eery sense of rememberence, as if this has all happend before in some form, and it failed. Like we left pieces scattered around for ourselves to return and complete our puzzles (purpose) and that must be attended to, and yet, instead, it seems that the trend is to be capitvated by 'geo-politics' or what the nasty government is doing other there somewhere, well me point is, this is not the most significant sphere for our attention to be in for it is not ourself.

Key point

I think that we have forgotten who we are, and are becoming machines. All this that we have, it is all masks, it is all maintaining face. Our true self appears to us in flashes, only to pop up as a virus in this huge laboratory we find ourself in, leading it to be quickly censored. The fast pace of ourlives and bombardment of information is not important for we already know all this, we wrote these books and all of this and have access to them if we so choose to 'tap in'.

It is our purpose to remember who we are and come alive, completing that which was let incomplete.

Until we find our essence, we are nothing other than superficial bit parts of no real substance. There is a puzzle waiting to be completed, with our only choice being, will we choose to realise it?

Luige Pirendello alludes to this, as too di Fight Club, as too did Memento, as too did the Wicker man, Hero, Ghost in the Shell, Ole Anthony, African mythology, the Usual Suspects, or even songs like 'Bitter Sweet Symphony', 'My Immortal', 'Iris'.

Until such a time come swhen we come alive, like Star Wars III, we shall continue to fight ourselves.
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to interfere, but you just pointed out a problem I am fighting with constantly. But for lack of the ability to detect my "true (beautiful?) self" amid all the shit put into my subconcious by oh-so-imperfect-society, I choose to listen to logic and informed decission, so I can have a clear cut choice, what to believe.
In the end, feelings I do not fully understand WILL affect my choice, and we will not solve the ultimate questions with math, but at least this way I feel able to stand and say: For logical and understandable reasons I choose to feel that way. Did I just search for reasons to feel like I would have felt anyway? I do not know. But I like to think otherwise....

hawkwind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: smarter than i expect Reply with quote

LT_lurker wrote:

DO excuse the lengthly post prior; I got caught up in romantic details rather than direct facts, so let me try again, having remembered what my purpose was.

I think that all this panic, intelligence talk, interenet discussion, and new age wishing is slightly beside the point, for it seems to keep you away from yourself rather than connected.

if there is validity to this idea of 'visions from the future'; the idea that a 'self' other than that which we often perceive as immediate, is ever present and ready to guide us if we realise it, then perhaps we should look into exactly what it is that this self is offering.

At least that is what I long decided to do, and I tell you, I've opened books to pages I was thinking about, found information I was hardly conscious I was searching for, had people say that key thing to me at a moment most needed, and continue to have the most scattered bits of information fall into place for me, and often to my immediate advantage.

I think that this deserved some proper attention - the idea that we are in fact seperated from our true self, from our 'POYL' zone, from our purpose, indulging instead in what we can do very little about. I think we need to live more by grace, and remember to be a breathing example, a light unto ourselves.

look around , there is an eery sense of rememberence, as if this has all happend before in some form, and it failed. Like we left pieces scattered around for ourselves to return and complete our puzzles (purpose) and that must be attended to, and yet, instead, it seems that the trend is to be capitvated by 'geo-politics' or what the nasty government is doing other there somewhere, well me point is, this is not the most significant sphere for our attention to be in for it is not ourself.

Key point

I think that we have forgotten who we are, and are becoming machines. All this that we have, it is all masks, it is all maintaining face. Our true self appears to us in flashes, only to pop up as a virus in this huge laboratory we find ourself in, leading it to be quickly censored. The fast pace of ourlives and bombardment of information is not important for we already know all this, we wrote these books and all of this and have access to them if we so choose to 'tap in'.

It is our purpose to remember who we are and come alive, completing that which was let incomplete.

Until we find our essence, we are nothing other than superficial bit parts of no real substance. There is a puzzle waiting to be completed, with our only choice being, will we choose to realise it?

Luige Pirendello alludes to this, as too di Fight Club, as too did Memento, as too did the Wicker man, Hero, Ghost in the Shell, Ole Anthony, African mythology, the Usual Suspects, or even songs like 'Bitter Sweet Symphony', 'My Immortal', 'Iris'.

Until such a time come swhen we come alive, like Star Wars III, we shall continue to fight ourselves.

Now that the thread distractions are gone. talk to me directly and we can communicate directly, Give your thoughts and I wll respond the best I can.

- Hawk

devabarry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: smarter than i expect Reply with quote

hawkwind wrote:
LT_lurker wrote:

Key point

Now that the thread distractions are gone. talk to me directly and we can communicate directly, Give your thoughts and I wll respond the best I can.

- Hawk

BFN Thought Police say: contrary opinions = distractions. Fucking brilliant! Twisted Evil

Man this is one dead thread Laughing

devabarry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: smarter than i expect Reply with quote

LT_lurker wrote:

Don't forget Pinocchio.

"We all are as Pinocchio. Not only because we are puppets who should fight to became real kids, but also because we lie to ourselves."

LT_lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BFN Thought Police say: contrary opinions = distractions. Fucking brilliant!

Man this is one dead thread

actually no, I think you'll find that if you read my previous post you may realise the effort I put in not to say I was getting sidetracked. I made the point that I didn't want this thread spoiled, that was all, I wasn't saying anything about people needing to be censored. By al means, if it is productive, say it as you please. If though it isn't exactly, it may be more practical to post it in the grunt bucket.

Quote:

- Hawk

funnily enough, having not slept since 9, whilst on the bus, I was thinking. Soon I begun to close my eyes, and eventually it was pictorial thining, and the subject matter: finding myself.

Found within that dream/fantasy/thinking, I realised that I had got this wrong in approach, for I was treating this 'idea' as an end, when in fact, it was a means, it was meant to be instrumental, for by itself, it is not going anywhere.

Within my thought realm, I found who I was and along with that, was able to see what I was doing wrong, and that was trying to put across a comlete tale to you even though there is nothing to say.

Anything I say will be irrelevant speculation and talking for entertainment. Furthermore, the thing which I should have been doing, without realising it, I had already started it, and had been properly putting it in place.

It's my Finding Solitude thread.

I am going to leave this thread alone, and when I complete the FS thread, the reason I revived this thread, my intention, my purpose will most likely become clear.

End Game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: