FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
What we're doing...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Ormond

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: What we're doing... Reply with quote

This is what we're doing, the members of this Forum.
(see bold below).

Quote:
Andrew M. Lobaczewski Political Ponerology: A science on the nature of evil adjusted for political purposes

…my work has shown me that the vast majority of people want to do good, to experience good things, think good thoughts, and make decisions with good results. And they try with all their might to do so! With the majority of people having this internal desire, why the Hell isn't it happening?

The actions of [pathocracy] affect an entire society, starting with the leaders and infiltrating every town, business, and institution. The pathological social structure gradually covers the entire country creating a “new class” within that nation. This privileged class [of pathocrats] feels permanently threatened by the “others”, i.e. by the majority of normal people. Neither do the pathocrats entertain any illusions about their personal fate should there be a return to the system of normal man.

(here's the positive part)

Finally, society sees the appearance of individuals who have collected exceptional intuitive perception and practical knowledge in the area of how pathocrats think and such a system of rule operates.

Some of them become so proficient in the deviant psychopath language and its idiomatics that they are able to use it, much like a foreign language they have learned well. Since they are to decipher the rulership's intentions, such people thereupon offer advice to people who are having trouble with the authorities. These usually disinterested advocates of the society of normal people play a irreplaceable role in the life of society. The pathocrats [the psychopaths and sociopaths], however, can never learn to think in normal human categories.

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/political_ponerology_lobaczewski.htm

DrewTerry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED

Last edited by DrewTerry on Tue May 01, 2007 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Don Smith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.naturalchild.org
A long time ago, I read Robert G.L. Waitte The Psychopathic God , in it I saw an image of humanity responding to pain, and terror. The book is an analysis of the character of Adolf Hitler, how such a being came to be and what our social structure does to perpetuate the damaged, narcisistic personalities which seem to dominate what passes for our "history".
The link above is to a site which deals with child abuse, how the destruction of the free and natural spirit which we inherit is twisted into perversion, sadism and the multitude of horrors which afflict us all.
Please, check it out, it is worth one's time.

DrewTerry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED

Last edited by DrewTerry on Tue May 01, 2007 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Smith wrote:
http://www.naturalchild.org

Very intersting site, Don. I'm forwarding that to a few friends I think will eat it up.

truthseeker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link, Don Smith! The terrific information on 'unschooling' was very timely for us. Great resource. Laughing
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Lobaczewski site is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, O.

Tanx.

Julian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond said: this is what we are doing, the bit highlighted in bold:
Quote:
Since they are to decipher the rulership's intentions, such people thereupon offer advice to people who are having trouble with the authorities. These usually disinterested advocates of the society of normal people play a irreplaceable role in the life of society.

I understood this bit Ormond, but the subsequent posts have confused me. Who are the psychopaths? Our leaders? Or people on this Forum? I'm just not entirely clear what this thread is saying... yet.

Some of our rulers are clearly ruthless, mercenary individuals. BUT, not all people who enter politics are this way. And quite a few people who enter politics fall by the wayside and get out of politics once they see the chicanery involved. Many people, perhaps BFNers, are thwarted politicians (I count myself as one!) I will be the first to admit, I couldn't handle that cut-throat world.

So, those in governance get there for a reason... belief, stamina, determination, thick-skinnedness (word?) ... but are they all psychopaths?

This could be an interesting discussion. I hope it doesn't get sidetracked.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julian wrote:
Ormond said: this is what we are doing, the bit highlighted in bold:
Quote:
Since they are to decipher the rulership's intentions, such people thereupon offer advice to people who are having trouble with the authorities. These usually disinterested advocates of the society of normal people play a irreplaceable role in the life of society.

I understood this bit Ormond, but the subsequent posts have confused me. Who are the psychopaths? Our leaders? Or people on this Forum? I'm just not entirely clear what this thread is saying... yet.

Some of our rulers are clearly ruthless, mercenary individuals. BUT, not all people who enter politics are this way. And quite a few people who enter politics fall by the wayside and get out of politics once they see the chicanery involved. Many people, perhaps BFNers, are thwarted politicians (I count myself as one!) I will be the first to admit, I couldn't handle that cut-throat world.

So, those in governance get there for a reason... belief, stamina, determination, thick-skinnedness (word?) ... but are they all psychopaths?

This could be an interesting discussion. I hope it doesn't get sidetracked.

I believe you have to separate the accepted scenario of "those in governance" from the reality of "those who rule." Governments are the cardboard cutout props and puppets that appear as rulers to the masses. I would say the Pathocrats mentioned here are those who pull the strings of those puppets.

Granted, some in government would fit that description, but I think the majority of those Lobaczewski refers to are power elite corporatist/bankers. The multinational biz boys and their handlers, the subservient government infrastructures who enable them, as well as the global intel support system that enforces their secretive, unwritten rules.

Those who wield the true power, away from the floodlights of Washington D.C., Parliament, etc.

Julian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: puppets and pathocrats Reply with quote

Rump:
Quote:
I would say the Pathocrats mentioned here are those who pull the strings of those puppets.

So, let's get to the puppets, as the so-called 'pathocrats' are probably out of our reach. Eh no?
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: puppets and pathocrats Reply with quote

Julian wrote:
So, let's get to the puppets, as the so-called 'pathocrats' are probably out of our reach. Eh no?

Well, that would be the trick. The political infrastructure is now an access-denial system, where only those willing to have the strings attached are allowed entry to the machine. Every once in a while, a Paul Wellstone type comes along, and he is dealt with accordingly.

The largest weapon they wield is the MSM, where the masses willingly accept their orders on how and what to think. This is why it is critical to try to keep the internet uncensored and as free as possible. It's all we have with which to offer any resistance.

1% of the global population owns more than the bottom 99%. Some people see that discrepancy as a depressing statistic, where as I do not. Anytime you have 1 guy surrounded by 99 pissed-off guys, the 1 guy has had it. I don't care what kind of weapon he holds in his hands - some one, or several someones, are going to reach him and gouge his fucking eyes out before he can kill everyone. That scene in the Matrix where Neo fights off 100 clones is obvious fantasy (well, Duh!). Anyway, those guys are taking turns, trying to run up and carefully land punches, when all they had to do was gang-rush him, and apply their mass to the effort. This is, I believe, why we call them the masses. Wink

If we ever reach the point where the bottom 99% all realize what is truly going on, and for how long they've been getting fucked.... it's game over. I would suspect many of the more 'newbie' power elite legacy members regularly lose sleep over that sobering scenario.

The first to go will be the members of the 99% who've been whoring themselves out in order to someday be included in the 1%. You hearing me, Chris Matthews? Laughing

Hocus Locus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote that Lobaczewski wrote:
Some of them become so proficient in the deviant psychopath language and its idiomatics that they are able to use it, much like a foreign language they have learned well. Since they are to decipher the rulership's intentions, such people thereupon offer advice to people who are having trouble with the authorities. These usually disinterested advocates of the society of normal people play a irreplaceable role in the life of society. The pathocrats [the psychopaths and sociopaths], however, can never learn to think in normal human categories.

Wow. Consider the traditional Rand-Corp-type "think tank", a closed utopian campus where shadowy patrons buy the beer and the ciggies... and the inmates like hivebound Queens, excrete mental product. Some of it may be innovative, some pressworthy-releasy... and some might be gem-like stratagems which by their nature are useful only if kept under tight wraps.

Now consider open public forums such as this one. If it should happen to drift into think-tank mode and the right synergy is achieved, people will utter things of strategic value -- but being 'out there', there is a prize to be had in capitalizing on such things first. Or pattern-watching to see if others are. It must be a major resource, people gathering on the Internet in plain sight.

Deep food for thought because while so many are so quick to say "all information must be free"... some ideas are definately more toxic than others. And yet ignorance, both general and individual -- is just an easy way to let all the hungry racoons out there have the run of the kitchen.

Hmmm....

___
It was Ender whose previous victories taught the enemy to think of us as one kind of creature, when we are really something quite different. He pretended all this time that humans were rational beings, when we are really the most terrible monsters these poor aliens could ever have conceived of in their nightmares. They had no way Of knowing the story of blind Samson, who pulled down the temple on his own head to slay his enemies.

On those ships, thought Bean, there are individual men who gave up homes and families, the world of their birth, in order to cross a great swatch of the galaxy and make war on a terrible enemy. Somewhere along the way they're bound to understand that Ender's strategy requires them all to die. Perhaps they already have. And yet they obey and will continue to obey the orders that come to them. As in the famous Charge of the Light Brigade, these soldiers give up their lives, trusting that their commanders are using them well. While we sit safely here in these simulator rooms, playing an elaborate computer game, they are obeying, dying so that all of humankind can live.

And yet we who command them, we children in these elaborate game machines, have no idea of their courage, their sacrifice. We cannot give them the honor they deserve, because we don't even know they exist.

~Orson Scott Card, "Ender's Shadow" (saga 5 of the Ender series)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: