FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
New Audio Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applause*

Fintan!

Dude, GREAT song! Not to mention, great guitar and singing - rusty or not. Who knew?

I liked the lyrics already and wondered if you had written them, but I did not expect an on air performance. What an awesome surprise! I continue to be humbled by your many talents.

The girlfriend gave your performance high marks, comparing it to Karl Wallinger (World Party) and the Waterboys.

Lyrically, you'd qualify for my A list which includes company like Andy Partridge and Neil Young. That leaves me with only one question?

When's the album coming out?

Oh yeah, the rest of the show wasn't too bad either. Wink

Sounded like you were having almost as much fun on that side of the mic as we were having out here, which was great to hear. Hope the feeling inspires more, cause there's something about your sonic vibration that goes deeper than words alone. Listening to your show simply feels good.

Your voice is an instrument well designed to share the contents of your head and heart, so thanks again for doing it, cause we dig it. Wholeheartedly agreeing with your analysis of the fake free energy 'conspiracy' only added to an already enjoyable hour.

Good luck with your new ventures, and for crap's sake, DO NOT put that guitar down for another five years!
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've extracted a stand-alone mp3
of the song from the latest show:

FREE DOWNLOAD
56k MP3
http://breakfornews.com/audio/9-11_Versus_Home_Improvements_Fintan_Dunne.mp3

Click to play or Right-click to download

Last edited by Fintan on Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I've sent this to my mailing list.

The song took me back to only ten years ago, when we still sat around in living rooms singing such. Not much of that going on in the States since 911.

I know some younger folks though......they watch Jon Stewart's 'Daily Show'...that's the level it's gone to...television is a symptom that we're too fearful to say what we mean face to face. And that's where it has to be. There's a numbing on, but people aren't stupid. Just have been under a powerful Psywar.

I've seem my local mission, due to the broadcasts, and the blog. Locally, we need to dispell this fear-spell and talk face to face openly with people with see everyday again. Including the alienated friends, the ones fear keeps us from being utterly upfront with.

I've already girded my loins and started that process this week---with benefit.

Damian Flynn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jerry, if you keep up the compliments like that, Fintan's head will end up matching the size of his nose. Laughing

Seriously though, it was a very nice surprise, and great lyrics. As Fintan said, he's a little rusty, so don't hide that guitar away again. Having a bash at the guitar can be great therapy, relaxing, and a good way to get your thoughts out.

Looking forward to the next treeincarnation show.
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
Hey Jerry, if you keep up the compliments like that, Fintan's head will end up matching the size of his nose.

Yeah well...
I've got so few heroes left, it's rare I get the opportunity to be such a nauseating sucka**. Wink
marbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digging the chilli's Fintan

Thanks Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: