FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Bono Promotes mercenary invasion of Venezuela
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Ormond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, c'mon. Who tagged on that bit about John being 'ready to reveal' the 'secret' of 'who replaced McCartney'.

Perfect example of psyop interjection spin.

I remember the 'Paul is dead' meme when it was originially launched conveniently end of summer, 1969 (so the teenyboppers would talk about it first week of fall semester). It was an MSM syndicated disk jockey publicity stunt, came out of a New York station as a canned presentation and played in installments for a couple of weeks. It was the grand daddy or Alex Jones style attention getting. Purpose was transparent: to revive flagging sales or the early Beatles albums that were said to have the 'backward masking' clues. (and the NY d.j. who produced it made a bundle from the international syndication distribution). I can't believe THAT ONE is still floating around! (but then, 'shit floats')

Such as play Strawberry Fields backwards, and you're supposed to be able to hear
Quote:
"I buried Paul"
. What I heard was close, maybe, like
Quote:
"mmph bomo blahgggh"

It's time everybody bury the 'Paul is dead', Paul's double crap. That didn't fool us even when we were teenagers.

Last edited by Ormond on Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
hawkwind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Let's Really Bury It! Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:
Aw, c'mon. Who tagged on that bit about John being 'ready to reveal' the 'secret' of 'who replaced McCartney'.

Perfect example of psyop interjection spin.

[...]

It's time everybody bury the 'Paul is dead', Paul's double crap. That didn't fool us even when we were teenagers.

Alright, this "Faul/Paul" bullshit can be debunked SO simply ... but the story is like the fucking undead ... just can't get it to stay in the ground!

Let's be real simple with the analysis ...

Exhibit 1) Paul in Hamburg circa 1963-1964. He looks a bit rough but he did lots of speed and drank like a fish in Germany.

Exhibit 2) Paul playing "cute as a button" circa 1964-1965. Fresh coat of paint and a new grey suit ... he cleans up nicely for the US of A press.

Exhibit 3) In December of 1965, our favorite "lovedoll" ran his motorcycle into a parked car splitting his lip and breaking a tooth. (boo boo) Crying or Very sad See below image from the 1966 promotional film for "Rain", premiered on the Ed Sullivan Show in early 1966. Notice his head is still attached and he appears to NOT be "burned beyond recognition" ...

Exhibit 4) Paul circa 1969-1970. Teeth fixed, lip healed and back to our most beloved and recently confessed, acid dropping "heartthrob" ... with obvious scar.

So folks, timeline complete, same bloke, talent waning, now stop it! Laughing

What is more fascinating is the transition of John from "fat Beatle" to "junkie Beatle" to "alcoholic Beatle" to "anorexic Beatle" ... I smell a conspiracy!! (just say NO to the "brown rice" diet!) Wink

- Hawk

PS The "Beatles Anthology" series on DVD is really well done and puts everything into perspective in their own words.

Janama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys break me up Very Happy

having worked in the music industry for over 30 years and having engineered/produced some of my country's biggest hit records, including the biggest Psychedelic recording of the 60's "The Real Thing" I find your conspiracy theories regarding the music industry hilarious. Wink

One Bono story that is amusing was when Nick Cave was performing in the UK. He had just come off stage and had taken his usual substances and was relaxing on his dressing room couch. There was a knock on the door and Bono, dressed in black leather and a black cowboy hat asked to see Nick. He wandered over to Nick and a few words were exchanged which resulted in Bono exiting immediately looking somewhat shaken. When asked what he had said to Bono Nick replied "Bono? - no no this gay cowboy approached me and muttered something about having a boner so I told him to piss off!!"
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always remember a letter to the editor in National Lampoon, around 1978:

Sung to the tune of Paul McCartney's "Silly Love Songs":

You think that people would have had enough of Paul McCartney.
    But I look around me and I see it isn't so,
    Some people want to rid the world of Paul McCartney,
    And what's wrong with that...?

-- John Lennon

Laughing

Actually, I'm a large McCartney fan. Yes, he became a bit simple and droll as he got older, but top-shelf pop song writing is not easy to sustain for your whole career. Just ask Stevie Wonder.

hawkwind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Hilarious? Reply with quote

Janama wrote:
I find your conspiracy theories regarding the music industry hilarious.

Do you realize how difficult it is to keep these things going for 40 years? Give us some credit for tenacity ...

Wonder what the rumored "dope" called Ringo has to say about all this? That reminds me of a joke ...

Q: What to you do when a drummer comes knocking on your door?
A: Pay for the pizza! :roll:

- Hawk

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Those freaks was right when they said you was dead....."

-- John Lennon, in his sendup of Paul McCartney in How Do You Sleep.

Oops, I mean his send up of the Imposter, because this was in 1971.

Wait..... why would he say to the Imposter.... that they were right.... when they said that the Imposter was dead.... because they said Paul was dead..... not....

Let me get back to you on this. Confused

(Trivia question deleted. This thread has drifted off of Boner-bashing long enough.)

Ormond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
..analysis

There's no need for analysis. No need to prove it.

The origin of it is well known, and it never even qualifies as 'psyop' or even 'urban legend'.

It was a 1969 top 40 radio publicity STUNT.
Anybody over 13 at the time knew it was a stunt. It was targeted at the pubescent market, which by 1969 weren't buying the whole Beatles set of records.

The hook was saying there were 'secret messages' by John and Ringo on old tunes--the '66 forward stuff. Result: the kiddies forget about that Eric Clapton album they were saving up for, and have to buy the moldy oldy Seargent Pepper album instead so they can see if they can hear the 'secret message' on it by hand turning it on the Hi Fi backwards.

The whole 'backward masking' scam origingates there too. A few years later the D. J's were talking about 'satanic messages' in Led Zepplin and Black Sabbath (oh yeah, like Black Sabbath was hiding anything...heh heh)

This is the level to address the goofey claims on. Paul's alive--though not many people really have given a fuck for years whether he is or not. I for one do wish John wasn't murdered at 40, though.

You know, I'm surprized nobody came up wth a story about John actually 'faking his own death' or some nonsense....

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:
You know, I'm surprized nobody came up wth a story about John actually 'faking his own death' or some nonsense....

The only thing I'd ever heard along those lines was a very plausible theory that Ringo had been faking his whole life. Cool

Ormond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringo killed Keith Moon of the Who. At Paul McCartney's house.

He drank him to death.

so maybe Ringo has been the real Beatle killer all along? Since he already killed Paul (making it look like an alchohol related death--Ringo's modus operandi), then he's already the only living Beatle.

FACT:
Ringo is the only Beatle who faked his own life. Fake name.

Plus, the Beatles were just another gutter pub band till Ringo joined.

Coincidence?

Ringo is probably the real MI5, Tavistock, CIA plant. Maybe MOSSAD too! (what about that NOSE? ever see a Brit with a nose like Ringo? AH HA!)

Probably KGB too. Remember 'Back in the USSR'??

And Ringo was always the one content to be in the background. But what do we really know about him?

This is kinda fun........

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:
Ringo killed Keith Moon of the Who. At Paul McCartney's house.

And here's the "Sergeant Peppers" type clue about Keith Moon.

This is the cover of Who Are You, the last record Keith played on, and which was released 2 weeks before his overdose (of the 'anti-alcohol' medication, Chlormethiazole).

Note what's stenciled onto the chair he's seated upon: "NOT TO BE TAKEN AWAY".

Ormond

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
overdose (of the 'anti-alcohol' medication, Chlormethiazole).

Yeah. I was being glib.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> AidsIsOver! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: