FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hoagland, NASA, CBS: To Fake or Not to Fake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Tomorrow's World
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conspiracy free version

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast24may_1.htm

tinfoil version

http://www.vgl.org/webfiles/mars/face/04-2001-2/4-01-2.htm

Last edited by bri on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
EddieT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puffdaddy wrote:
Hoaglund has used the very same scientific techniques used by archeologists.

I'd be careful using the words "scientific" and "archeologist" in the same sentence. Thor Heyerdahl for example.

puffdaddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still has a shape that defies current theories as to how it could have formed naturally. I wonder what the five sided pyramid looked like? NASA is not being forthcoming in all of its information to the public either.
Still I think a closer look is needed to resolve the question at least in my mind. I have read everything that has ever been publicly written on this subject and I still think we need a closer look at that entire area. NASA is hiding information following the Brooking's Institute recommendations. Lots more to that area than just the "face" (or whatever it is)
puffdaddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie T:
I know what you mean about Thor and I know I'm getting ready to get my ass handed to me again, so for now I'm done with this subject as I believe it is just too much for some people, but for some strange reason I do like to hold out hope that we are not the only ones or the possibility that we humans have been there in distant past. Gives me a nice feeling and even if the crap I read is all fiction I still enjoy it over "fantasy" just the same.
mandroid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
puffdaddy:
I know what you mean about Thor and I know I'm getting ready to get my ass handed to me again, so for now I'm done with this subject as I believe it is just too much for some people, but for some strange reason I do like to hold out hope that we are not the only ones or the possibility that we humans have been there in distant past. Gives me a nice feeling and even if the crap I read is all fiction I still enjoy it over "fantasy" just the same.

The problem with topics like geometric monuments on Mars is finding a place to turn to for information. Hoagland and crew have more-or-less spearheaded the research from the get-go. I'm not sure if you could call it hijacking an issue for first-serve disinformation purposes or exploiting an ambiguous anomaly- that is difficult to research and support theoretically- for profit? Perhaps both? Or possibly he and his fellow "Enterprise" cadets genuinely believe the material they're peddling? (Although I have to say Hoagland himself stinks of self-importance but maybe it takes an asshole to do what he does--who knows.)

I'll never actually take for fact what results from his 'research' but, like PD said, it's better than fantasy. It does warrant a looksee from a third party outside of NASA. And I'm not smart enough to figure it out myself so I'll be checking in every once in a while to see what comes of the production. I don't trust native Egyptologists to provide truthful and unbiased reporting on the Pyramids of Gaza. Why should I trust NASA to give it to me straight about what's on Mars?
puffdaddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandroid, I agree with everything you say. thanks.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: The ArseHoles on Mars & Project sCamelot Reply with quote

Breaking.....

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4527

puffdaddy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copernicus was ridiculed and so was Gallileo. How do you know for sure that this subject is total bullshit? I think they need to at least send a rover up there to check it out more closely. At one time Hoagland was a respected scientist until he hijacked the Face on Mars thing. I don't know. there must be some other place we can get information. What makes you right? Do you have better photos of the assholes on Mars or some other insight? Of course anybody with those sorts of ideas will be ridiculed!! Same with the 9/11 truthers. How do you know that Treeincarnation is the way to go? How is it that you know something about the size of the Moon that has any bearing on anything? I remember that once you wrote that zero-point energy was something that needs to be made available to the public as if that physics was already studied and was probably useable and that is all the Hoagland is trying to say. He believes that the "assholes on Mars" may be trying to tell us something about that subject. I don't understand what the problem is? You think he's just making all of this up for the money? If so then just say so. What is going on here? I guess I'm just stupid but there seems to contradiction in your writing on this subject. Don't you think they should send a probe up there and get a closer look or even a closer whiff of that area on Mars? C'mon Fintan!!
mandroid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see not wanting your forum overrun with references and links to people you consider disinfo artists. I can understanding the necessity of viewing BFN generated ideas and external CIA-Fake ideas as black and white. How else can you maintain the 'purity' and purpose of a forum you've created? This place is supposed to be a well of truth to people wandering in from the outside--where folks like Alex Jones and Jeff Rense thrive.

You can't have people piggybacking their agendas onto yours by hijacking threads and twisting ideas. Vigilance is called for to prevent the seeds of the 'outsiders' from taking root. You don't want this place associated with the rest of the tinfoil hat nuts so it's important to not let those 'fake' ideas dominate the discussion.

There needs to be a way to simultaneously prevent the fakes from infecting the boards AND allow ideas to flow freely in a sort of natural discourse.

The thing is wouldn't want that job. I would have no idea how to make it work without constantly monitoring each and every thread and performing background checks on every poster. I wouldn't know how to keep my paranoia in check. I wouldn't know how to be truly fair to everyone involved. I wouldn't be so confident as to know what the ultimate truth is. Because I don't know for sure if we landed on the moon. I wasn't even alive then. I don't know if Richard Hoagland is right about Mars. I've never been there and neither has he. And neither has Fintan.

The only tools at my disposal to navigate around this material are logic and intuition. I'll entertain the idea that your tools are better than mine and that what you're saying is more 'truthy' than my truth. At least for the moment. Until someone claiming MORE truthiness comes along and convinces me otherwise. And even then their claim to the title "Truthiest of Truth Tellers" will be fleeting because the great thing about champions of Truth is there's never a shortage of contenders. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Tomorrow's World All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: