FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Audio Interview: Surfing The Mayan 9th Wave
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
rainbow2009

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simulation credit auto
Hi there. Would a newbie like me be welcome here?
Many thanks
Regards Very Happy
bri

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you would be if you never hide a French Advertisement in your posts ever again.
bon voyage

Laughing
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the masses are awakening, but the spiritual curve
is probably shaped exponentially -just like the population
growth curve. We should see a huge stretch between the
leading edge of insight and those still catching-up.

Here's the Mayan rEvolution
up to the max: Progidy-style
Wink

Quote:

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x12w2j

urbanspaceman

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Patterns of History Reply with quote

In this post that is in part a critique of Calleman, and in part an exploration of the connection between human consciousness and history, I would like to draw a parallel with another one of Fintan's regular guests, Professor Bob Carter.

Many regulars on the forum know he is an outspoken geologist who is scathing of claims that humans have caused significant and dangerous global warming. In one of his lectures he demonstrated, with wonderful clarity, that if temperature records are bracketed out of context, global warming trends can be demonstrated just as much as global cooling trends.

Carter showed that although it's true to say that "the earth has gotten warmer over the past century", it's also true that there is nothing especially significant about the past century, and based on data spanning many thousands of years there is no reason to believe that the earth would continue to get warmer...in fact, considering the generally cyclical long term trends, one would expect it to get cooler eventually.

It is this kind of critique I would apply to Calleman's claims that he has reliable evidence that a breakthrough in global consciousness is immanent based on patterns he sees in the Mayan Calendar. Like Carter to the climate scientists, I see cycles where Calleman sees a continuing upward trend.

The subject as a whole is indeed fascinating and worthy or investigating: Is there a pattern to the history of the universe? If so, what is it?

Pretty much everyone of every philosophical persuasion answers yes to the first question, but differs wildly on the second question, giving a dizzying array of opposing answers. Even the hardened physicist, who believes only in material causes and accident, sees an overriding pattern to all of history. He sees a descending curve somewhat like this.

There's a Big Bang, an explosion that's creates all matter almost instantly, and after the galaxies manage to form it's all cosmologically downhill from there. Of course the average modern physicist doesn't see human life or human history as having any significance in this worldview. The Universe fizzles out, long after humans have perished, and the Universe never did or could care...the end.

The fundamentalist Christian or Muslim also sees a descending pattern, but from their perspective human history is HIGHLY significant in the course of all worldly time. In the beginning humankind is in union with God, and then not long after creation there is a 'fall from grace', and it's all downhill until the end. At that point history is complete, and those that have conserved God's laws through time will be reunited with him, passing the great test. Those who did not keep God's laws are done for. In this worldview, WHEN the end of time occurs is extremely important, because the damned may still be saved given enough time before the final judgement. Time has a significant human purpose and a focal point.

Many Hindus recognise a similar pattern, except the the fall from grace happens over and over. Each fall is depressingly slow and long, with each cycle lasting over 4 million years. The immediate future looks very grim in this scenario, with well over 400,000 years left of continuing spiritual and moral degradation on earth during the Kali Yuga (The Dark Age).

But this doesn't seem to fit the facts of recent human history. Whatever your belief system, it is difficult to deny the acceleration of change happening all around us during the past few generations. Whether used for good or evil, it's self-evident that the human race is being infused with some kind of burst of creative energy. It doesn't seem to fit the model of a slow decline, does it? And despite the visible increase in selfishness, alienation, and confusion in the modern world, there have also been moral improvements that seem to counter the notion of spiritual entropy. The decrease in slavery, the rise of feminism, the increase of respect for individual rights over the state, the increase of awareness of the suffering of others on the other side of the planet where no awareness existed before...are these not in fact signs of moral improvement? Or are they just a futile attempt to make the world a better place just before Judgement Day, a hiccup at the end of history?

The last few centuries has increasingly looked upon the 'fall from grace' model of history as outmoded and superstitious. After Darwin, the history of life began to look like the exact opposite of entropy and decline. Advances in science and industry fostered confidence and optimism that humankind was increasingly in charge of it's own destiny and less at the mercy of God and Nature, capable of constant self-improvement. Time itself became the story of progress and evolution.

Like the Entropy Model, the Progress Model often (but not always) has some kind end date or focal point. This may not mean the ending of time itself, but simply the completion of a goal that is reached after a long and arduous climb. Hegel, for example, believed in "the absolute end of history" and in the human progression toward "the Universal". In India, Aurobindo expressed similar ideas of social evolution, where eventually human culture will unite in consciousness with the Godhead. Even scientists and science fiction authors are now speaking of a rapidly approaching "singularity", where increasing computer speeds and other technological advances will end the human era as we know it, allowing for an almost unimagined superhuman born in a technological salvation.

It is here we come to Calleman's model, which is definitely of this flavour. As I expressed in an earlier post, just as I have difficulty in believing the fundamentalist Christian when he claims 'the end is nigh', I have equal difficulty in believing anyone espousing that global wide spiritual perfection is around the corner (in this case, in two years!). I fully accept the possibility of an occurring global spiritual evolution, but I have extreme difficulty with his timetable.

I would argue that there is much better evidence for a cyclical model of human history, and that Calleman is imposing his own imaginary pattern on history and has bracketed upward trends out of context.

In much the same way that a warming trend can be cherry picked out of the climate record, it's conceivable that the same upward trend can be isolated out of human history, and this progress can be mislabelled as the norm since the beginning.

Is history an ever progressive rise toward perfection, or a slow slide down from it?

If you consider a cyclical model, both views, in a way, are true. Historical cycles have periods of both ascension and descension, both ups and downs. It is only when you view too short a time period that you miss it's cyclical nature, and think that evolution is either only improving or only degrading. It's mistaking the forest for the trees.

Ponder this: the dominant, universal reading of history BEFORE the modern era was that of descending ages (Like the Hindu Yugas). Myths and legends abound of cultures began by Gods and ruled by God Kings, which degraded and were eventually ruled by ordinary human beings. We may argue about what was fantasy, what was local propaganda, what was merely symbolic...but it's undeniable that this intuition was dominant for the majority of remembered human history. Traditionally, when people described the past, the past was better than the present.

But this view was reversed in the modern era. The intuition that humankind was degrading was replaced by a new intuition that humankind was advancing. I would argue that we turned the corner a few hundred years ago, not that we finally found the truth that the universe had been progressing all along.

The clue to a lost understanding of the pattern of history resides, partly, in the ancient obsession with astrology. Cultures around the globe watched the stars and almost unanimously shared the belief that changes in the sky marked changes in civilisation and human consciousness. Because of the belief was so widespread, I'm inclined to think the ancients weren't just making it up, and that they actually knew something that we eventually forgot.

Calleman would probably reject such a notion. He does not think the Mayan calendar has anything to do with something as PROFANE as the observation of stars and planets, but that it points to something deeper, something more profound, something more spiritual. I think this is a false dichotomy between the physical and the spiritual.

Readers may be familiar with the "Dawning of the Age of Aquarius", and other such ideas from astrology that mark the changing from one age to the next. In western astrology, these ages are quite long, about 2000 years. Knowing that there are 12 signs of the Zodiac, all the ages total about 24,000 years. Have human beings really been tracking the skies this long to know these ages signal any meaningful patterns on earth? According to Sri Yukteswar Giri, an Indian guru and astrologer who lived about a century ago, the answer is yes. The ancients were particularly interested in what Plato called "The Great Year".

Our cycle around the sun, a solar year, is of course understood by everyone today.

The next largest cycle is considered by modern astronomers to be the rotation of the galaxy, which is estimated to last over 200 million years. But according to Giri, there is an important cycle in between the two. It is known today as the "Precession of the Equinoxes". Estimated at over 26000 years, observed from the earth it is the slow change in the background of stars that is marked by an annual event like the sunrise of the first day of spring (the vernal equinox).

Thought today to be a peculiar and insignificant phenomenon caused by the earth's slowly wobbling axis, it was considered highly important in the ancient past. Considering that it takes a lifetime to track 1 degree of 360 degrees of precession, it must have taken a very long concentrated human effort to track it.

Giri presents a very different model of the precessional cycle from the modern one of the wobbly axis, which we inherited from Issac Newton. According to oriental astronomy, said Giri, our sun is part of a binary star system.

Some astronomers now estimate that 80% of observable stars are part of binary star systems, so as weird as it may seem to us that our sun has a companion, it would not be out of the ordinary in the observable universe. More importantly, it is actually a better model to explain the Precessional Year and the slow change in the background of stars in the night sky.

These cycles are in a sense fractal, or repeating. Just as in the solar year we have a ball circling a larger ball of energy, it is the same with the Great Year. Giri calls this other ball of energy the Grand Center, or Bishnunavi (Bishnu's navel).

The solar year has 12 months, and so it is with the Great Year. The 2000 year-long 'months' of the Great Year are the ages of the Zodiac.

The Great Year also has it's seasons. Our proximity on Earth to the Sun gives us our Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter, and anyone who experiences the "Winter Blues" every year can attest that being farther away from the Sun affects their moods. This is the basis of astrology, the relationship between objects in the greater universe to human consciousness. Now imagine that the Grand Centre affects the human mind as well, and that the effect of the solar seasons are increased thousands of times during the 24000 years of the Great Year (Perhaps in proportion to the energy output of the Grand Centre).

According to myth and legend (the only history we have, since our written history doesn't extend much further back than 6000 years) the "Great Summer" of the Great Year was a time of collective union with the Divine. The Great Winter is a time when humankind feels the most separate from the Divine, but also has more freedom and individualism.

So where are we at the present time on this model? "The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius" marks getting out of the depths of the Great Winter and getting nearer to the Great Spring. Things are looking up, but there are still at least 5000 years until humankind will join in anything resembling a cosmic unity. Does that mean that our current time is not significant? I think it is significant, but not as significant as Calleman, or others that view the near future as the completion of history, believe. I think it is a special time because a few signs of Spring are always exciting, and there is much drama and promise ahead. But I see no reason to believe that the pace of change will continue to accelerate indefinitely any more than I believe the Earth will continue to get hotter forever because of recent warming trends.

What's fascinating about Giri is he was a devout Hindu who criticised the Yuga cycle as it is usually practised, arguing that as the world went into the Dark Age the real Vedic teaching was distorted. The Yuga cycle was not 4 million years, but was really referring to the precessional year of 24,000 years (and one might wonder why this differs from the common modern estimate 26,000 years...this comes out of the bad wobble model that assumes a constant speed. Since modern astronomers don't think the solar system is in orbit, they don't factor in the speed increase at the perigee of the orbit, which shortens the time). He argues that there may have been some miscopying, and some intentional distortion at some point by priests who were afraid of entering the Dark Age. They extended the time span in order to procrastinate!

What Giri also corrected was the order in which the Yugas cycled. Instead of the cycling entropy of the ages always descending, he argued that the original teaching referred to a natural cycle that descended from the Golden Age to the Iron Age, and then ascended from the Iron Age to the Golden Age. This is a pattern that reflects the other natural patterns we see around us, like breathing. After all, in the cycling entropy model, Summer unnaturally immediately follows Winter.

I can see how this Great Year model is not as exciting as Calleman's, that promises global human salvation next week. And some may find it depressing that a Golden Age is still so very far away, and we are still in the 'worst' age. There are some real downsides to the Iron Age, but I don't think everything about it is bad, or that everything about the Golden Age is good. I think you have to ask yourself about your subjective attitudes toward ageing in general, and as an individual -- what is the good age to be, what is the bad age to be? Is childhood the Golden Age, or is seniorhood the Golden Age? It all depends on what you value. Do you value peace and tranquility, or excitement and drama? Each age has it's pros and cons. The Golden Age will be an incredible time, but I doubt it will be 'perfect' in every way. I'm reminded of the An-shu song "Every Monkey is a Star":

"Sure there's pain,
But you'd be nothing without it.
You may think eternal bliss would be interesting,
But I doubt it"

Last edited by urbanspaceman on Sat May 16, 2009 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Peter

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Inexorable, thats what we are.... Reply with quote

Nice post!

The inherent nature of our existence is only a mystery to us. For how long remains to be seen.

Nature (the universe) hates a vacuum even tho that is what it mostly is...to say nothing of the unique and the individual. We are the exception to the rule as well as the key to understanding what is going on and what is coming up.

The new age is all about the fusion of methods and means. We will come out of our winter doldrums to awaken to reality as we have never been able to perceive it. Doesn't matter who thinks what, it is all about being there and doing what must be done.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, great graphics too, urbanspaceman.

It's about the best summary of the different types of life and
creation cycles I've seen in such a relatively short overview.

Glad you could lay out the nature of the Yugas system too,
because there's so much confusion about the cycle length.

However, you may be misinterpreting Calleman's analysis. Easy to do so,
because the Mayan analysis has become a bandwagon well co-opted by
commercial charlatans.

Quote:
I have equal difficulty in believing anyone espousing that global wide
spiritual perfection is around the corner (in this case, in two years!).
I fully accept the possibility of an occurring global spiritual evolution,
but I have extreme difficulty with his timetable.

Suppose it's been night for many hours and I say Day will dawn at
6:52amEST. You ask what will be different about Day compared to
Night. I say it will be a period of great light; much higher temperatures
with clear blue skies.

It would be unfair of you to say: "Oh really, so at 6:52amEST we'll
all suddenly find it blindingly bright and so much warmer that
we'll be stripping off clothes?"

Because that's not what I'm saying at all. Nor what Calleman is saying
about the Oct 2011 date. It's simply a point of dawning. It is preceeded
by a slowly brightening light and takes time after sunrise to fully develop.

Quote:
I can see how this Great Year model is not as exciting as Calleman's,
that promises global human salvation next week.

Calleman is not talking about instant salvation in late 2011. I discussed
these issues of with him in the interview, in regard to Ian Lungold's
over-enthusiasm when pressed by audiences. People want that.

That said, the people who are attuned to the Universal consciousness
will tend to be closely synchronized with the Mayan timeframe.

Quote:
Calleman.... does not think the Mayan calendar has anything to do with
something as PROFANE as the observation of stars and planets, but that it
points to something deeper, something more profound, something more
spiritual. I think this is a false dichotomy between the physical and the
spiritual

Sounds like you haven't actually read his books. It's not a question of
profane material planetary systems versus esoteric non-physical
spirituality. The Mayan calendrical timescales are purely physical ones.

His analysis of the Mayan system shows that they were aligning with
the Universe as a sphere of galaxies at the fundamental level; then
with the local galaxy and then with solar rotations. They used multiple
calendrical systems.

Quote:
I see no reason to believe that the pace of change will continue to
accelerate indefinitely any more than I believe the Earth will continue
to get hotter forever because of recent warming trends.

Neither do I -nor does Calleman. Most of the speedup is behind us already.
We experienced it since the mid-1800's, when the population growth
began to accelerate in tandem with accelerating communication systems.

Thousands of years ago the Mayans had figured that we would be at
the Galactic level in the late 20th century and the Universal level
from around 2012. Interestingly, the population explosion has showed
up on time. And the reach of our space observation technology has also
matched this timescale: light and radio telescopes as well as scientific
theory reaching the galactic and universal levels around the predicted
time.

Also the flowering period of the Mayan Galactic level 5th day did
coincide with the flower-power era of the sixties. And this 5th day
flowering matches significant epochal developments going back
16 billion years. The same historical correspondance is found in the
other twelve day and night periods.

It seems to me we can measure the accuracy of the Mayan system in
these ways far more acutely than the Yugas, and over a much longer
period of 16 Billion years compared to the shorter Yugas

Quote:

urbanspaceman

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:
It's about the best summary of the different types of life and creation cycles I've seen in such a relatively short overview.

Thanks Fintan, I appreciate that. I did my best not to go off on tangents in this vast subject!

Fintan wrote:
...you may be misinterpreting Calleman's analysis...Sounds like you haven't actually read his books.

I admit freely that I have not read his books, so weigh my opinion accordingly. I don't feel I'm speaking completely out of school, though, as I've absorbed a fair bit of what's available by and about Calleman online. I've used a bit of hyperbole, but I don't think I've misrepresented him.

Fintan wrote:
Calleman is not talking about instant salvation in late 2011.

He certainly reads that way...

Quote:
This [divine] plan is, in a relatively short period of time (by October 28, 2011) going to be fulfilled.
http://www.calleman.com/content/articles/living_the_calendar.htm

In this excerpt he states clearly that he believes BY 2011 (not beginning in 2011) there will be no conflict, government, nor time, with perhaps an adjustment period during 2012:

Quote:
By 2011, the dominance of the dualist mind will wither, and all the conflicts of humanity originating in the lower levels of consciousness will be resolved. From the perspective of the enlightened state, the old order will no longer be real...By then, not only the old monarchic rule, but also democracy, will be things of the past. (If everyone lives in unity and harmony with the Divine, why elect someone to rule them?) All hierarchies will have crumbled...there will be no need for government...All human beings will, in a much deeper sense than at present, be recognized as having equal value -- each as her or his own manifestation of the Divine...There will no longer be separation between human beings and God...
...the year 2012 may also be a period during which many people will have to find ways of adapting to the new frame of cosmic consciousness. If nothing else, we will need to adapt to the fact that everyone around us is now enlightened...
[from 'The Nine Underworlds', 2003, p84-86 in "The Mystery of 2012"]

That certainly sounds more than a 'slow brightening', or just a gentle start to a spiritual age.

[An aside. The idea that 'full enlightenment' exists, that a person can become perfect all of a sudden, is psychological naive. Ken Wilber has written extensively on this. 'Lower level conflicts' are not automatically resolved from a divine unity experience...in fact, sometimes it can make those conflicts worse!]

Calleman is presenting his work as a positive message that counters the 2012 doomsday fear-mongering. But this is not cured by it's opposite -- wishful thinking and false hopes passed off as science -- no matter how well intentioned. But ironically, Calleman has his own disturbing brand of fear-mongering. Those that do not align themselves to his divine plan on schedule are excluded from his vision of Heaven!

Quote:
As a corollary, to wait around to see what will happen in the year 2012 is to miss the point totally. It will simply not be possible not to be enlightened after October, 2011, or at least not from a certain time afterward when the new reality has definitely manifested...
[also from "The Nine Underworlds']

Quote:
As people become aware of this those that wish for the world to come to a balance will hope that October 28, 2011 is the end date. Those that want Western dominance to be perpetuated on the other hand will wish for a final strengthening of the West to occur during the year 2012, and so will set the end point at Dec 21, 2012.
http://alignment2012.com/fiasco.html

Does this 'you're either with us or against us' attitude mesh with a prophecy of unity and harmony? 'If you don't agree with my interpretation, you either won't get into Heaven, or you'll ruin Heaven on Earth for the rest of us'? It rings of hypocrisy. It's stuck in the dualism that he promotes will soon be overcome. It's the same old Christian Judgement Day, with a new twist.

I think Calleman is much more of a hard-liner than you, Fintan.

Fintan wrote:
It's not a question of profane material planetary systems versus esoteric non-physical spirituality. The Mayan calendrical timescales are purely physical ones.

It seems clear to me that Calleman believes Mayan system has little to do with the physical.

Quote:
I would then like to give a clear answer to his question: No, the Mayan prophetic science of time can not be based on astronomy. And I could make this statement even stronger: If somebody implies that the purpose of the calendar is to predict some kind of physical or astronomical event, such as for instance a solstice, there is every reason to expect that he or she is off the mark. Prophecy can only be based on the existence of a divine plan, and this divine plan, which governs the evolution of consciousness, is primary to all of its physical manifestations. Material manifestations such as planetary movements, etc, in fact are the creations of the divine plan and so play no causative roles in this.
http://www.calleman.com/content/articles/end_date.htm

Again, I think this is an opinion that is caught in the dualism he thinks we will all overcome in 2011. He says we will do away with hierarchy...by enforcing the hierarchical relationship between the physical and the spiritual!

To the mature astrologer, there is no causal relationship between the physical and the spiritual, not exactly. They are one and the same from an elevated perspective. The astrologer is looking to astronomical events for what has 'crystallised' from the spiritual realm, to get clues as to what is happening in the deeper and subtler world. The idea is to observe the visible heavens, and meditate on their deeper meaning. The deeper wave patterns manifest as consciousness AND physical objects...they are one substance, just different densities, like water vapour and ice.

I doubt the Mayans disconnected prophecy and astronomy because, if they are like many ancient cultures, they understood their unity. After all, isn't the base unit of the calendar a 'kin', one revolution of the Earth, a physical, astronomical event? The earth's rotation is in harmony with Calleman's divine plan, but other astronomical events are not?

Fintan wrote:
Thousands of years ago the Mayans had figured that we would be at the Galactic level in the late 20th century and the Universal level from around 2012.

2 questions need to be answered before being confident in such a claim:

1. Is Calleman reporting accurately what the Mayans believed?
2. Are we confident about the dates Calleman gives for major historical events, which his whole mathematical scheme rests on?

I'll let others answer the first question, because I'm out of my depth discussing the Mayan calendar or Mayan culture. In summary, there is a lot of noise on the net that much of what Calleman presents is his own invention, not a reconstruction of tradition. For example:

Quote:
I've checked with Calleman personally, and after much resistance to him answering my questions, he did admit he has had no endorsement from any indigenous mayans thats he is an authority on anything mayan or that his version of the calender is the true one... its all self proclaimed rhetoric.
http://2012.tribe.net/thread/254036f2-8704-40ef-ad24-aa075a3fd70a

Quote:
plus, the underworlds and days and nights and all that interpretative stuff originate with the Calleman Matrix, not Maya tradition and from what i've read his sources are more aztec than maya as far as the ruling deities and stuff...
you can still use their information for the traditional tzolkin, but as soon as you use it to support like "The 5th Night" and galctic underworlds and all that stuff, it's not traditional
http://2012.tribe.net/thread/254036f2-8704-40ef-ad24-aa075a3fd70a

So I would point out, if there was no 'Galactic Level' in Mayan tradition, they certainly could not have predicted it's arrival in the future.

Bardobeing made this comment above that brings up my second question:

bardobeing wrote:
Carl appears to accept as undisputed fact, without offering a qualification, that the dates and accounts of historical events that he uses to evidence predictions of the Mayan Calendar (eg: biblical events, Sumarian events, etc.) happened as described, where described and when described.

In my own investigations, I've learned to look on extreme scepticism with any dating that goes back beyond 50,000 years. All dating methods are based on a house of cards of a few assumptions that could be wrong. Do we really think anyone KNOWS what date the universe began? Do we even know it had a beginning? The Big Bang Theory is a religious belief in drag. Milo Wolff, a physicist and a BreakForNews guest, has said numerous times that the red shift which modern cosmologists use to estimate the age of the universe might not be a Doppler effect, which could undermine the entire theory that galaxies are flying away from each other. You have also recently mentioned the expanding earth theory, beautifully demonstrated by Neal Adams, that casts doubt that all matter was created in the Big Bang event. Fred Hoyle, who originally coined the term 'Big Bang' as a put-down, believed that matter was created over and over from exploded stars. We have assigned a date to something that many thoughtful people doubt ever happened, and may have as much truth value as dating when Adam and Eve left Eden.

Are we certain about when the first mammals arrived, the first monkeys, the first humans, and the beginning of language? Not only is Calleman's list selective, but all these dates are built on no more than guesses. It would take me quite a lot of space to lay out my case, but all super long-term dating methods, like tree rings, geologic strata, ice cores...are all based on simple assumptions that can be cast into doubt, and I mean serious doubt. I can't find the reference (it may have been one of the Leakey family who said it), but I recall reading that all the human fossil record could be laid out in a medium sized room, and it is from those measly scraps that scientists tell us that they can date the evolution of human beings.

Calleman is accepting all of that pretty uncritically, and basing a mathematical pattern on it. If those dates are wrong, Calleman's divine wave pattern is wrong.

Fintan wrote:
It seems to me we can measure the accuracy of the Mayan system in these ways far more acutely than the Yugas

That's why I think the Great Year model I presented above seems more like science to me...because it doesn't purport to predict specific events. It only predicts a wide probability of conditions, in a similar way that the repeating cycle of Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter does. It tells you it's probably going to be colder or warmer, but it doesn't pretend it can predict what you're going to have for lunch 2 years from now. I think that is realistic in any complex system.
James D

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention human fossils urbanspaceman, they're popping up all over today :-

Synchronicity or what?

Scientists hail stunning fossil

Missing link found? Scientists unveil fossil of 47 million-year-old primate, Darwinius masillae

The missing link? Some are not so sure.
It looks like a dead cat to me, but what do I know?!
Peter

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: just another brick in the wall.... Reply with quote

We humans are masters of perception-related pattern recognition.

Staring at a piece of burnt toast can reveal an iconic image.

The materialist cites the measurable nature of the physical realm as his interpretive basis.

The spiritualist cites the inherent nature of the physical realm as his.

Cycles occur. What they mean and how they may or may not be interpreted is moot. We are just part of the decor....but the part that means the most to us!

kunrig

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone please tell me (or maybe Finton can if he sees this) what the name of the 60 seconds of music is that he plays after the 'May 5th Mayan Rebirth & the Homo Superior' interview with Calleman? I can't quite hear it when he mentions the name. Thanks Smile
katrinav

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is an interesting discussion..

simulation rachat de credit
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
kunrig:
What the name of the 60 seconds of music....

It was a minute from "This Binary Universe"

The good stuff starts about 4 minutes into the video:

Quote:
BT - This Binary Universe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: