FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Not Your Normal Media Propaganda Lies On Global Warming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Nuckelhedd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Not Your Normal Media Propaganda Lies On Global Warming Reply with quote

It was 10:00 PM EST in my small Eastampton NJ apartment Sunday evening June 28th 2009.

Blah Blah Blah on with it will you..

Alright, I had just settled in to bed and turned on the television(save your cackling for someone else I still enjoy (ed) some programming) To see if I could find any science programs on the Discovery Channel as I drifted off to sleep.But, alas sleep would not fond me so easily this evening.
I did indeed find some sort of "Documentary" purported to be about volcanic activity and the Dinosaurs. I tuned in last in the show and was catching up as best I could and it appeared to be a correlation theory between volcanic activity and the extinction. Now I have an understanding of volcanic activity and global climate. My understanding is that with massive volcanic activity massive and widespread global climate change can and is effected. We KNOW that the gasses and ash which are expelled in a volcanic eruption on the scale needed to effect climate change (Krakatoa for example) has been shown to in fact release enormous amounts of sulfur and methane and yes even Co2 along with enormous amounts of ash and indeed even superheated pyroclastic flows. The ice record and indeed even the historic records show the result to be an inexorable increase in acid rain and global dimming (from the mixing of the sulfur and atmospheric water in the form of sulfuric acid and dimming from the ash ) which is known to result in widespread death through crop loss as well as livestock losses and through prolonged artificial winter. In other words it causes GLOBAL COOLING. To my complete and utter surprise this particular program didn't just suggest that these type of episodes in nature lead to GLOBAL WARMING, they actually said that they do and went on to say it was because of the massive amounts of Co2 which is released during these events. This is what probably killed the dinosaurs they concluded.
I almost stopped at the end of that program and was ready to give the tube a resounding and altogether destructive heave from the second story window and be done with it again forever. I weakened though and waited to see what the next program would bring.
WOW the next program was another "Documentary" on the volcanic eruptions in Siberia and Iceland and again the common theme was Co2 released and the earth warmed for over 200 years by 20 degrees. W>T>F>

I would find this amazing indeed and quite an idiotic oversight on the part of program editors consulting scientists and even production checkers if it hadn't been for the "Scientists" which were presenting these "FACTS" . There was a young woman whom appeared to be fresh out of university and quite frankly I surmised must be of the "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" dogma of our American scholastic enterprise. Clearly she had no idea how to string those pesky little things called words together into a coherent sentence with anything resembling what one might expect from someone at least having graduated the ninth grade. I have no idea what her name was and she was more or less shrouded in darkness in what I can only surmise was an attempt to fool viewers in a smoke screen of , don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain , just listen to my words as the wizard commands. The second man I saw I know I have seen before and I believe is connected to the IPCC and AL GORE and I can only assume is possibly behind the MANBEARPIG as well.
It became apparent that these were no mistakes and in fact I believe were actual plants to coincide with the cap and tax bill which is running to the senate at this point. Couple all of this with the media blackout of any discussion on this bill which will destroy more families and individuals and businesses than the entire collapse already has, and I find myself finally feeling the fear I knew was coming for me. Beside that fear however is a profound anger. Anger which stems to all levels of humanity which I encounter everyday. But mostly with myself for not doing more in the past. I am most definitely disappointed in my lack of judgment over the 39 years of my life. Belief in anything you cannot touch taste feel see or prove with empirical evidence has led us all down the road to bigotry, fear, hate, and downright stupidity.

Nevertheless I could not this time rest my head before taking action to alert as many as possible even in this small way to what I have witnessed firsthand. I now leave it to you....

P.S. The series was Prehistoric Disasters and the episodes were Asteroid Strike and Planet of Fire respectively

Peace

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are on to something here.

I'd suggest reading recent volcano threads on WattsUpWithThat:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/?s=volcano

And perhaps posting this there also as a comment to a recent thread,
and the well informed readers might respond.

Getting a scientific view would be good.

duane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems some scientists haven't gotten the message

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090702170128.htm

Ancient Supervolcano's Eruption Caused Decade Of Severe Winters

ScienceDaily (July 6, 2009) Previous studies have suggested that Indonesia's Toba supervolcano, when it erupted about 74,000 years ago, triggered a 1,000-year episode of ice sheet advance, and also may have produced a short-lived "volcanic winter," which drastically reduced the human population at the time.

Previous climate model simulations of the eruption have been unable to produce the glaciation, and there are no climate observations to support the volcanic winter.

To investigate additional mechanisms that may have enhanced and extended the effects of the Toba eruption, as well as the volcanic winter, Robock et al. conduct six climate model simulations using state-of-the-art models that include vegetation death effects on radiation budgets, and stratospheric chemistry feedbacks that might affect the lifetime of the volcanic cloud. The authors use a wide variety of aerosol injection volumes, ranging from 33 to 900 times that of the 1991 Mount Pinatubo injection.

They find that none of the models initiate glaciation. Nonetheless, they produce a decade of severe volcanic winter, which would likely have had devastating consequences for humanity and global ecosystems, supporting the idea that the Toba eruption produced a genetic bottleneck in human evolution.

Journal reference:

1. Robock et al. Did the Toba volcanic eruption of ~74 ka B.P. produce widespread glaciation? Journal of Geophysical Research, 2009; 114 (d10): D10107 DOI: 10.1029/2008JD011652

American Geophysical Union (2009, July 6). Ancient Supervolcano's Eruption Caused Decade Of Severe Winters. ScienceDaily. Retrieved July 8, 2009, from http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2009/07/090702170128.htm

Nuckelhedd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fintan I did just that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: