FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Banks: Are they really the bad guys? (Clint Richardson)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon, I searched for "The Organized Money Wikipedia" and the first hit was
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Sahraian
" and Swiss bankers in connection with the organized money laundering of Swiss Banks ..."

Am I on right track ...?
leon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you shoulda searched for New British Empire
Rom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon "except of course the real culprits: The Organized Money"
correction "New British Empire" ...
correction ?

Christopher Story told a very different story in "Operation Stillpoint", and he was an insider. Don't try to make NDAA something people should vote for... There may be no word for "liberty" in collectivist education, but people here know what it is.
bardo_being

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plato, I'm glad we're cool. I'm busy today and will only quick add something more philosophical here about the tone on this forum.

I think we are all better off keeping our minds open and our discourse respectful since none of us know what's truly going on. Once a person draws conclusions they have closed their minds to other ideas.

Further, for people to have not reviewed the full body of work of someone, in this case Clint Richardson and Walter Burien, and then to flippantly dismiss their work anyway, and/or attack the poster who has put in the time, reflects poorly on the poster and comes off as childish (I don't mean you, I mean in general). Burien has put in 30 years of uncompensated research into this, Richardson probably 10 years. They are on our side and deserve our respect, even if we don't agree with their theories. The information they are bringing forward is extraordinarily intriguing and backed by a lot of solid evidence.

Additionally, because one person posts information about one line of thinking it doesn't follow that they are discounting another line of thinking. Obviously, I'm well aware of the body of knowledge surrounding the evils of central banking and the international financial community, probably moreso than most here. I was a CPA, Economist and worked in the financial sector for 15 years.

What's being missed here by people who so easily and reactionally dismiss the work of Burien and Richardson, is that their work is very much compatible with and very much connected to the more popular line of "the world is run by uber-wealthy psychopaths who have a stranglehold on the world's money supplies". To see this connection requires an astute mind and a dedication to honest inquiry.

Have a great weekend.
Plato

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon, because this is a long page, it may take a while to load (also due to heavy traffic, this has only been out less than a day), but it should work fine; rom, bardo being, you should also take a look at this, I think its really worth your while! (otherwise, try www.divinecosmos.com and click on the first post in the upper right hand corner).

http://divinecosmos.com/start-here/davids-blog/1023-financial-tyranny

I agree that nobody holds a complete picture of all the events that are going on in the world, as it is simply overwhelming and to much for any one person to comprehend, as there are many angles to this. I myself was trained as an economist and worked as an equity analist covering the financial sector (banks and insurance companies), which may explain my interest in this peculiar 'business". My only ambition is to inform as many people of the stranglehold banks have over people's lives, as this is something we may all agree on; finance is the number one reason for all domestic disputes and ruins too many people's lives. I only need to think of all people that have had their houses foreclosed on them in the US or Ireland, or the consequences of reckless lending to the Greek people.

Some excerpts from David's blog;
Quote:
26 TRILLION DOLLARS OF FRAUD

Thanks to heroic efforts of Congressman Ron Paul, former Congressman Alan Grayson and Congressman Bernie Sanders to audit the Federal Reserve, we now know that the Federal Reserve secretly lent out 26 trillion dollars' worth of American money from 2007 to 2010 -- much of it to foreign banks.

Twenty. Six. TRILLION. Dollars.

Here is a small part of the letter where Congressman Alan Grayson spells it all out to John Hively, “The World’s Most Accurate Economic Forecaster Since 1989”.

http://johnhively.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/breakdown-of-the-26-trillion-the-federal-reserve-handed-out-to-save-rich-incompetent-investors-but-who-purchase-political-power/

CONGRESSMAN GRAYSON: I wouldn’t want anyone to think that I’m dramatizing or amplifying what this GAO report says, so I’m just going to list some of my favorite parts, by page number.

Page 131 – The total lending for the Fed’s “broad-based emergency programs” was $16,115,000,000,000. That’s right, more than $16 trillion. The four largest recipients, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch and Bank of America, received more than a trillion dollars each.

The 5th largest recipient was Barclays PLC. The 8th was the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, PLC. The 9th was Deutsche Bank AG. The 10th was UBS AG. These four institutions each got between a quarter of a trillion and a trillion dollars. None of them is an American bank.

Page 205 – Separate and apart from these “broad-based emergency program” loans were another $10,057,000,000,000 in “currency swaps.” In the “currency swaps,” the Fed handed dollars to foreign central banks, no strings attached, to fund bailouts in other countries….

These currency swaps and the “broad-based emergency program” loans, together, totaled more than $26 trillion. That’s almost $100,000 for every man, woman, and child in America.

That’s an amount equal to more than seven years of federal spending — on the military, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, interest on the debt, and everything else. And around twice America’s total GNP….

If the Fed had extended $26 trillion in credit to the American people instead of Wall Street, would there be 24 million Americans today who can’t find a full-time job?

Some more;
Quote:
CONGRESSMAN BERNIE SANDERS STRIPS AWAY THE LIES

In early November, Congressman Bernie Sanders revealed that in addition to handing out 16 trillion dollars, (not counting the ten trillion in “currency swaps” Congressman Grayson pointed out), the Federal Reserve also owns the financial agencies they are supposed to be regulating:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-bernie-sanders/the-veil-of-secrecy-at-th_b_1072099.html

The GAO [audit] also revealed that many of the people who serve as directors of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks come from the exact same financial institutions that the Fed is in charge of regulating.

Further, the GAO found that at least 18 current and former Fed board members were affiliated with banks and companies that received emergency loans from the Federal Reserve during the financial crisis.

In other words, the people "regulating" the banks were the exact same people who were being "regulated." Talk about the fox guarding the henhouse!...

For example, the CEO of JP Morgan Chase served on the New York Fed's board of directors at the same time that his bank received more than $390 billion in financial assistance from the Fed….

Getting this type of disclosure was not easy. Wall Street and the Federal Reserve fought it every step of the way.

But, as difficult as it was to lift the veil of secrecy at the Fed, it will be even harder to reform the Fed so that it serves the needs of all Americans, and not just Wall Street. But, that is exactly what we have to do.

And;

Quote:
THE 600-TRILLION-DOLLAR TIME BOMB

Incredibly, just four financial institutions have gambled 600 trillion dollars’ worth of money they don’t even have – so this bailout was still not even close to being enough to protect them.

Even if they had all the money in the world at their disposal, they’d still need ten times more to bail themselves out:

http://moneymorning.com/2011/10/12/derivatives-the-600-trillion-time-bomb-thats-set-to-explode/

In 2009, five banks held 80% of derivatives in America. Now, just four banks hold a staggering 95.9% of U.S. derivatives, according to a recent report from the Office of the Currency Comptroller.

The four banks in question: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS).

Derivatives played a crucial role in bringing down the global economy [in 2008], so you would think that the world's top policymakers would have reined these things in by now -- but they haven't.

Instead of attacking the problem, regulators have let it spiral out of control, and the result is a $600 trillion time bomb called the derivatives market….

The world's gross domestic product (GDP) is only about $65 trillion, or roughly 10.83% of the worldwide value of the global derivatives market, according to The Economist.

So there is literally not enough money on the planet to backstop the banks trading these things if they run into trouble.

have a great read!

bardo_being

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plato, dude, that wasn't an article, it was an ebook! I got through it nonetheless. Thanks for posting it. I'm familiar with much of what's in there and there was new stuff for me, too. I've been on his site before and have seen some things by B. Fulford in the past.
leon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“My only ambition is to inform as many people of the stranglehold banks have over people's lives”
Blaming all banks and calling the people who runs them “banksters” rather skews the picture. It is like blaming all plumbers and calling them “plumbsters” just because of the guy who fucked up your basement plumbing.
The most comprehensive term characterizing the current states of affairs I found in the Roosevelt’s speech – “The Organized Money” It is not all banks, it is just the banks who belongs to certain Syndicate who are responsible for our current economic Misery and world-wide Depression.
The most puzzling piece of the picture is total lack of criminal prosecution and jail sentences in view of blatant violation of the laws that are already on the books. Last time around when another banking swindle was attempted to run on American People was an S&L Crisis of the 80s and early 90s which resulted in significant amount of jail sentences. And that crisis in dollar terms was by far inferior to what is going on right now.
To run the banking criminal operation of late 90s and 2000s required not just the collusion of the major banks, but rather combination of conspiring entities on various levels of the governmental and private institutions: media, intelligence, black ops (some people needed to be effectively silenced), prosecutorial organs (starting from DOJ), justice system, political protection, regulatory agencies and the list goes on and on.
All the operations had to be thoroughly planned not just over the short period of time, but rather 10 – 15 years spans, so you need research centers (think tanks) and tightly controlled.
It is just too complex for any bank or group of bank to execute. No way.
That is just why seemingly fantastic theory (and yes, it is just a theory) of Evil British Empire has such an appeal to me personally. Too many historical precedents that if not exactly mimics current events, but are very close approximation of them.
We need to study the historical precedents of previous breakdowns in the Western Civilization to understand what is going on right now. Our problem is lack of time and resources to do that, It is a complicated scientific study. I would start at the European history Banking Crisis of 14 century that lead to European Dark Ages and Black Plague and was set off by Venetian manipulation of the exchange rate between gold and silver.
The real goal of the criminals is not just to steal your money or asset-strip you of all possession, I think all that comes as additional benefit. The real goal is to slow down the Real Physical Economy and put it into reverse. I bet if we take the real economical numbers for the last 40 years we were if not in Depression, but in Recession in terms or Real Physical Output measured per capita. The ever expanding monetary volume just skewed the picture.
RedMahna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To run the banking criminal operation of late 90s and 2000s required not just the collusion of the major banks, but rather combination of conspiring entities on various levels of the governmental and private institutions: media, intelligence, black ops (some people needed to be effectively silenced), prosecutorial organs (starting from DOJ), justice system, political protection, regulatory agencies and the list goes on and on.

Same for the RE bubble... many cooks in the kitchen, as I know from having been a Realtor.

None of these cooperative entities were complaining about 125% mortgage loans in the years before the bust. Instead, they were driving up prices via appraisers, homes inspected as good by home-inspectors, brokers and lenders mining the field together, etc, etc.

If you go on the RE blogs now (one being Active Rain), many of the successful ones who are still around (thanks to the boom) are blaming their own customers who kept these very complainers in business. So, the question is not whether something is illegal (as we know these things are often skewed to be completely legitimate business practices) but whether it is ethical to rip off your neighbor if he is willing to be ripped off (i mean, desires to bite off more than he can chew under the perception that he is investing his money wisely)?

Anytime a new boom comes around, it is typically too late to get in on it. If my newspaper boy is telling me to buy gold, I know it's time to get out.

red

RedMahna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, for the average consumer, anytime advertising is ramped up for ANYTHING, its signal is that the endeavor is basically at the end-cycle.

At that time, unless you have buckets of money and can swing in and out with a little inside info, it's best to look at it as a gamble. Any of these cats discussing how smart they are at investing have an inside track of some kind. No one is an expert fortune teller. You either get in early, get lucky, or you have leverage and info.

red

Plato

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leon, always love to hear your "contrarian' views, if I didn't know any better, I would think you're doing it on purpose...

Leon wrote;
Quote:
Blaming all banks and calling the people who runs them “banksters” rather skews the picture. It is like blaming all plumbers and calling them “plumbsters” just because of the guy who fucked up your basement plumbing.

Now, when it comes to your analogies, like the one with the plumber (is he called Joe, by the way), man, you're exactly on the mark, I mean how did you think of that one. Let's see; plumbing and banking are of almost equal importance in a modern economy, I have to agree there; especially as the plumber can fuck up your plumbing, and a bank can take your entire house in a process called foreclosure. If you want to have plumbing done in your house, you have to take out a 30 year (or so) contract, it extremely hard to get out of that one once you have entered it, and you have to pay an outrageous monthly fee just to make sure they keep on, well...plumbing.

And, of course, now that I come to think of it, plumbers are united in worldwide united plumbing cartel, you really have no choice but to go to a plumber to have your plumbing done for you (unless you watched Home improvement of course). Man, this analogy is so apt, makes me jealous that I didn't think of it myself! Leon, you convinced me; plumbers are the REAL danger, they have been conspiring for more than 2 centuries (in a operation called a Snap-on cockhole cover) to make us accept their sub par standards of plumbing and are definitely on the verge of taking over the world because of this; we simply can not do without their lousy plumbing skills.

Thanks for sharing this insight with me Leon, it has been a real eye opener...as clear as inserting the male hose into the female fitting;
I found the real enemy; plumbsters!

leon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad you got a few laughs out of my analogy. To think of it, plumbsters are almost there, all they’re lacking is monopoly on blue flushing water. But as soon as they get one, in short 4 years they will be able to put Joe Plumbster into the Oval Office, or, in the worst case buy half of Democratic seats in the Senate, flushing their opponents away.

My analogy was intent to serve a little different purpose, like emphasize that we shouldn’t throw away the baby with bathtub water and we are going to need normal commercial banking, not the Organized Money.

But I don’t mind it either way as long as it is normal human reaction as in your case, not some fucking robotic response.
Plato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: HUMOR Reply with quote

Aaahh, its humor you're looking for; here's some for you from the country that invented humor because its one of two ways to survive there (the other being music), the British Evil Empire, as I think you like to call it...

just in case;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd8dwBWy_Zk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: