FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Curry Chips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> State Terror: 9/11, 7/7, CIA Fakes
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
atm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Curry Chips Reply with quote

Quote:

Get me some curry chips

After eight months in captivity, kidnapped tycoon's first words

THE woman who discovered kidnapped tycoon Kevin Michael McGeever has told how his first request following his eight-month ordeal was for curry chips.

The property magnate, 68, was gound starving, battered and shoeless on a quiet Co Leitrim road on Tuesday night.

Catherine Callely revealed: “He said at the garda station he hadn’t eaten for God knows how long. I offered to pop out for chips and he said he’d only eat them with curry.”

Tycoon McGeever, 68 told gardai he was abducted at gunpoint and held for eight months by a criminal gang.

But he has so far been unable to tell officers where he was held captive or the names of his alleged kidnappers.

McGeever was discovered in a confused state, walking on a quiet country road and carrying a torch on Tuesday night near Ballinamore, Co Leitrim.

The Irish Sun can reveal he has been involved in a number of commercial litigation disputes and was previously at odds with investors in a Dubai property venture he promoted.

McGeever told cops he was abducted by a criminal gang in Galway, where he has a home in Craughwell, last May.

There is no suggestion any of the parties with whom he was commercially linked to were involved with his abduction. McGeever says he was lifted at gunpoint, then brought to a number of hideouts across the country.

The property developer also told officers he had escaped earlier this week before going to Leitrim.

The dishevelled pensioner remained under armed guard last night at Mullingar General Hospital in Co Westmeath.

He met with detectives yesterday to discuss his recollection of events.Gardai are hoping to interview him again today.

But detectives are also probing whether he suffered a nervous breakdown.

He was found in a distressed state and with no money.

The businessman also had grown his hair, a beard and lost FIVE STONE in weight.

He had no physical injuries but was malnourished and distressed.

Officers are trying to establish if we was under threat from criminal gangs in Galway. A source said: "This is an unusual case and the allegations he has made are very serious. Gardai have to examine every angle . . this man is very distressed.

“As soon as he was brought into hospital, he was telling people he had been kidnapped by gangsters.

“A team has been established to investigate these serious claims.”

McGeever is expected to remain in hospital for a few days.

The woman who discovered him, Catherine Vallely, said: “There was this person in the middle of the road who had a flashing light. He had red trousers that made me think it was a cone at first in the middle of the road.

“There are campers and a Buddhist centre in Ballinamore and I sometimes pick them up and give them a lift.

“This man asked us to ring directory inquiries and get a number for his friend.

“I can’t remember the name he gave us for his friend but in any case directory inquiries didn’t have a number. Then he contacted some other friend and I spoke to him and he mentioned that they would meet in a hotel. I thought there’s no way any hotel would let this man inside their door.

“So I suggested to the friend that we could drive to the Tesco car park in Carrick-on-Shannon and we could meet there.

“I don’t know where the friend was but I was able to tell him where Carrick-on-Shannon was. We never got there as we stopped at the garda station in Ballinamore on the way.

“When the man got into our car he told us he had no shoes on. I said he could have been killed in the middle of the road and he said three men threw him out of a van.

“I was surprised. I thought he might have Alzheimer’s or something like that.

“The man said his name was Kevin and he didn’t even realise he was in Co Leitrim. He didn’t even know the month, the day or the time. In Ballinamore, a ban garda came out and she was excellent.

“She immediately invited him in for a cup of tea. As he was eating tea and biscuits, he asked her if she had any more.

“He said he hadn’t eaten for God knows how long.

“He had a pair of enormous eyes in a very thin face and his cheek-bones stuck out.

“He was rubbing his beard with fingers that had long nails. He was very well-educated, well-spoken and polite and articulate.”

Catherine said she offered to go for chips and he said he would only eat them with curry.

While she was away fetching the snack, gardai checked his details and discovered he was Kevin Michael McGeever, who was reported missing eight-and-a-half months ago.

She added: “We were told he used to be 16½ stone. He was just skin and bones now.”

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4773171/Get-me-some-curry-chips.html

atm Eyes roll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> State Terror: 9/11, 7/7, CIA Fakes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: